Check out this cool and funny video this dude did while being inspired by the Rocky flicks. I think deep down a lot, probably most, of us have done something either in our fitness training and/or nutrition that resembles what we've seen on the silver screen. I know I for years have worked out to the Rocky 4 training montage soundtrack. LOL
I came across a great article to a while ago by Dr. John Claydon and
it looks very good on explaining the great benefits of eating raw eggs.
I do this pretty much every day and if you read on Mercola.com
Dr. Mercola has some great advice regarding eating raw eggs as well
as the quick testing methods for a healthy or unhealthy egg. Sick eggs
only come from sick chickens. 1 in 30,000 eggs contains salmonella
and the chances of you eating that many in your life are very slim.
This is explained much further on those 2 websites.
Here is an excerpt from the article:
"The process of cooking eggs destroy the very goodness that our bodies so
desperately need as the nature of proteins and fats is altered when exposed to heat. When cooked, the egg protein changes its chemical shape; it is often this process that can be the cause of allergies. Generally when eating raw eggs, any incidence of egg allergy will disappear.
Surprisingly, in spite of ‘bad press’ raw eggs, organic or at least from a known
source of healthy free-range chickens, are an excellent health tonic. The regular consumption of raw eggs will do wonders for your overall health. Exceptionally
easy to digest, raw eggs provide a wonderful boost to the immune system, and a completely balanced nutritional package. A good immune system is one of several things the body needs to overcome cancer."
For the rest of the article please CLICK HERE.
How I eat my raw eggs is like this:
1. One Vita-mix Blender, which by the way is THE BEST blender on the market today... PERIOD.
2. Fill the Vita-mix with 1 cup of filtered H2O
3. Toss in a couple pieces of fruit (I prefer a half a cup of pineapple and some berries) alongside 1 tspn of virgin coconut oil and 2 tblspns of raw cacao powder.
4. Wait to pour in the eggs cause the egg protein is very fragile and will be destroyed from the blades.
5. Blend the fruit, coconut oil & water together for a minute or so.
6. Crack & pour in 4-5 raw eggs and blend very gently for 2-3 seconds.
7. Pour contents into a big tall glass and enjoy these VERY healthy &
Honestly this may seem like it will not taste good simply because of your image of Rocky Balboa drinking a plain glass filled to the brim with nothing but raw eggs, but trust me and give it a shot.
I know, know, know you will love it. It actually tastes kinda like chocolate milk. Mmmm... yummy!
Let me know if you have any questions.